- Finally saw Garden State this weekend (M and I had our anniversary chinese take out and a movie Saturday night). Loved it with huge big piles of loving.
- In research news, I closed my survey last week and have started coding data. Whoohoo!
- The reunion of the original cast of Rent was underwhelming. Am I wrong in thinking that Jesse L. Martin was in the original cast? Because he certainly wasn't on stage last night (but Taye Diggs in glasses and a bow tie? hee! so much adorable!)
- Also, we are probably in the minority in America in having felt torn between watching the Tonys and the basketball game. Plus I had baronessmartha telling me I need to watch In Plain Sight as well.
- I am feeling very productive today, despite having not actually done much but swim most of a mile.
- It is to the point that the only part of swimming which I don't enjoy is dealing with my goggles. I have NEVER liked goggles, but I also really can't stand water in my eyes (like, even in the shower, I can't stand water in my eyes). And the goggles I have, well, I can't go more than about three laps (half a lap of freestyle) before I have water sloshing in my eyes. It's annoying.
- We have pretty much decided that we are going to be a public-transit family come fall, as much as we can. M will buy two metro passes through work (pre-tax, whoo!) and we will make use of the handy park&ride lot at UB on a daily basis. So, yay for that.
It was a good trip - conference was overwhelming, as they always are - met tons of famous Internet people - ate good food in a way to big group at Steamworks Brewery - went to Seattle to see Laura, Brian, Pat, and jennybeast - read a weird book - came home - now it's Monday again and I have to do progress reports on a bunch of students which means grading their midterm essays.